This is an entry-level position with a career path of growth.
Training in ASE courses for those interested and show potential
Hours: 10 hours/4 days a week. 3 days off.
Job requirements are
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with shop and factory standards.
- Diagnoses vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Inspects and test drives newly delivered vehicles for obvious damage and missing major components and drivability functions.
- Installs optional equipment specified by the customer or dealer.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all shop-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.