As we brace ourselves for what brings us 2023, many people are in the process of finalizing their resolutions for the New Year. Some people prioritize health goals, social goals, and career goals. But what about car improvement goals? Without your car, how will you get to the gym, to work, or anywhere else to achieve your other goals?
To keep your vehicle more reliable and safe on the road this year, here are 5 maintenance tips and tricks you should know for 2023.
- Checking Engine Oil - Arguably, this is one of the most important skills every vehicle owner should know. Engine oil is what keeps your engine running. You should get into the habit of checking your oil levels as often as once a month. Luckily, manufacturers make it very easy with the dipstick under the hood. If you have any questions, refer to your owner’s manual for the exact steps. Once you learn how to do it, checking your oil can be done in a matter of minutes. Don’t forget to schedule your oil change if the oil is dirty or low.
- Monitor Tire Pressure - Another excellent skill to learn is how to use a tire pressure gauge. Your tire pressure fluctuates all the time, especially when going from one season to the next. Proper inflation ensures your vehicle runs efficiently and your tires wear evenly. To put it in simple terms, keeping up with this habit can save you money in the long run.
- Change a Flat Tire - A flat tire is a situation that no one ever wants to be in, but accidents happen all the time. When you learn how to use the lug wrench and car jack, you’re one step closer to knowing how to put on your spare tire. This will save you time and money from calling roadside assistance.
- Jump Start a Car - Everyone has probably experienced being stranded by a dead battery before. Jumpstarting a car battery might take a practice or two, but it is overall quite easy. For this, you’ll need to get a set of jumper cables and another car battery to assist. To do the job safely, please be careful when distinguishing the positive and negative ends of the cable.
- Follow Maintenance Schedule - Last but not least, your maintenance schedule should be your best friend this year. Every automaker has a set list of maintenance services that your vehicle may need at different points in its life. You should follow the schedule to keep your car running smoothly all year. Some of the services may include fluid flushes, tire rotations, general inspections, etc.
We hope you enjoyed ringing in the New Year with your loved ones. If you need any auto services or repairs to start off the year, please call or visit Sunny Service Center soon.