Hey all, I have been thinking about how long our vehicles have sat this year. Some never started all spring, some are only moving from the driveway to the stores. Some of us will be traveling by car and truck to visit our families for the holidays - this is exactly why our cars need to be maintained.
When vehicles sit too long many different issues can occur, from batteries not starting to having animals chewing the electrical wires and nesting as it gets cold.
Having your regular maintenance services performed, even if it is not due by mileage, but by time allows you to avoid any issues. Kind of like still seeing the doctor for your check-ups even though you are feeling well, your vehicle needs to be seen and checked for service.
This year, we have seen cars sit so long that brakes have seized, we have found nesting rodents, chewed wires, batteries that would not charge and many other issues that have impacted a vehicles performance.
During this time our vehicles can feel like the safest way to travel, let us help you make sure they are safe and ready to roll on down the road with confidence. There is nothing worse than having to take your mechanic on a trip with you.
Here is a short list of things that need to be checked to keep you on the road.
- Nothing nesting in your vehicle causing damage
- Nothing hiding in the engine compartment for warmth
- Battery charged
- Alternator charging the battery
- Heat working (HVAC system ready for heat or cold)
- Tires inflated correctly and have good tread going into fall and winter (Rain, leaves and snow need good tread)
- Wipers clearing the windshield
- All lights working including those in the rear
- Brake pads, rotors and calipers not seized
- Is the oil filled to correct level?
- Are all fluids in good shape?
Having a professional check your vehicle at least twice a year with a maintenance service is just caring for your investment and safety.
Our Confidence Plus Warranty can help you on the road if you are away from home and traveling. Ask us about this benefit.