Winter is coming!
Do you know what it takes to make it easier on you or your car during these cold winter months? The cold is hard on cars. Especially their batteries, wiper blades, tires, paint job, heating system and lights. Make sure to check on them often for your (and others) safety.
We have compiled two lists for you to check to help you!
Things you should have in your care in case of emergencies:
- Blankets- Cold leads to hypothermia, and if your car gets stuck or breaks down blankets will help keep you warm.
- Collapsible Snow Shovel- to dig yourself out
- Non-Perishable Food – because who doesn’t like a snack? We recommend Protein bars.
- Water- water= life
- Spare Change and Cash- You never know when the power will go out
- Flashlight, Jumper Cables, First Aid kit, Road Flares/ Reflective Warning Triangles and Portable Air pump/flasher- because you should always have them
- Kitty Litter- cheaper than using and having to replace your floor mats. (To get you unstuck - If you are going forward, put it under your front tires; if you are trying to back up put it behind your back tires.)
Things you need to keep an eye on (on the road and the on your car):
- Your gas tank should be kept above half full.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated
- Keep aware of Black Ice
- Make sure your windshield wipers are changed often
- Make sure your lights are working- It’s darker longer now and being seen is being safe.
- Make sure your car is cleared completely of snow- it’s the law here in NJ!
- Wash your car after driving thru snow and salt. - Salt eats away at your paint and causes rust
As always my friends drive safe!